2. Information we collect and how we use it
- We may collect personal information from you directly by telephone, sms, email, via our website, or by post. We may also receive information via a company with which we may have a relationship such as an association, or other intermediary. In these cases, steps are taken in order to ensure any such intermediary has your permission to provide us with personal information.
- Personal information is collected in order to provide you with the best services to meet your needs or requirements. Additionally, personal information is used to customise our services. Personal information may include, but not be limited to, your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- All information provided by you is by choice. You may choose not to provide any information but this may restrict our ability to assist you.
- The use of your personal information is collected for the following purposes:
i. to assess your requirements and suitability for our products and/or services
ii. to provide the products and/or services supplied by us;
iii. to communicate information about our products and services to you, including sending you information about our products or services and promotional offers;
iv. for our internal administrative, research, marketing, business and product development requirements; and
v. for general day-to-day business purposes including establishment of pricing, customer service policies and customer satisfaction data.
- We use the information provided by you to allow for more targeted marketing to more appropriately advise you of specific products and services and for other business related purposes.
- NRG Solar may use a feature of your browser called a “Cookie”. A Cookie is a piece of information collected by a website and sent to your browser. Cookies are used for your benefit to add functionality, track website usage and to enable us to personalise your visit to our Site. Cookies identify your computer’s browser, they do not identify you specifically. We may also use Cookie technology to track the number of visitors to our Site in an aggregate form. Please note, personally identifiable information is not extracted or collected in this process. You may set your computer browser to disable Cookies or to alert you when Cookies are being sent. If you disable Cookies, we may be unable to optimise your visit to our Site and certain features may not be available.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
3. Disclosure of your information
- We do not sell client lists or identifiable information to third parties.
- To provide you with our products and services, we may need to disclose your personal information to organisations outside of NRG Solar such as:
i. subcontractors or installers;
ii. service providers;
iii. power utilities;
iv. finance companies (if requested by you);
v. credit reporting agencies;
vi. government and other regulatory authorities as authorised by law.
- We may also provide your personal information when we are required to do so by law or regulation.
- We take all necessary steps in order to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or exposure. In order to protect the confidentiality of customer information, all customer information is stored electronically on secure servers in which are restricted to employees whose job requires access to the information. Access to our computer systems is restricted through password protection.